Code of Practice Regarding Complaint Handling and Dispute Resolution
121 Communications is a provider of communication services, supplying hosting, Internet and telecommunication solutions for residential and business customers across the UK.
The purpose of this code of practice
This guide has been developed to help you to understand the relationship you have as a customer of 121 Communications. It will enable you to:
- Access summary details of our services
- Understand what you can expect from 121 Communications after you have made a purchase or registered for a service
- Contact details for alternative complaint bodies
- Find out how to contact usThis Code has been approved by Ofcom for the purposes of section 52 of the Communications Act 2003.
- How to contact 121 Communications
|Customer Services & Sales|
Our Customer Services department is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5:30pm. We are closed on weekends and bank holidays. Calls are charged at local rate.
Our Accounts department is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5:30pm. We are closed on weekends and bank holidays. Calls are charged at local rate.
To cancel your account please either call or email quoting your account username. We will require all cancellation requests to be submitted as a written request in the form of an email or if you cannot access the Internet send the same details in a letter to our main office address shown.
Phone: 01622 474730 Email: Brian@121com.co.uk
4 Firmin Avenue Boughton Monchelsea
Most of 121 Communication’s services do not have a minimum contract period but for those that do, we would be happy to discuss your requirements. A summary of our normal service contract periods are:
- ADSL Internet: 1 Month
- FTTC Internet: 12 Months
- PSTN Line Rental: 1 Month
- ISDN 2 Line Rental: 12 Months
- ISDN 30 Line Rental: 12 Months
- Some services take a little time to cancel, as they require us to work with special industry processes (such as ADSL).
- When you cancel your service, we aim to advise you of the time period from us receiving your cancellation request to the time at which the service is withdrawn. During this period, you remain liable for the costs of any services we provide.
- Disconnections and cancellation of servicesWe reserve the right to suspend or cancel your service within the contracted timescales – for example, if you do not pay your bill.Complaints
- If you would like to register a complaint, here are a number of different ways you can contact us: 4 Firmin Avenue Maidstone Kent ME17 4NN.
- What happens once we receive your complaint?
- We will acknowledge all complaints received by letter, or e-mail within 24 working hours.
- Dispute resolutionIf we are unable to resolve your complaint satisfactorily, we will issue a”deadlock” letter so that you may make a complaint through Otelo, an independent alternative dispute resolution scheme. We can provide you with details of this service. Alternatively if more than three months has passed since you first made your complaint, please contact the ADR scheme directly.Otelo PO Box 730 Warrington WA4 6WU
Phone: 0845 050 1614 or 01925 430 049 Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.otelo.org.uk
All services can be ordered by calling our customer services team on 01622 474730 or emailing Brian@121com.co.uk . The time it takes to setup can vary depending on the service purchased. We will aim to confirm all new orders by email within 4 hours during normal office hours (Monday – Friday 9am to 5:30pm, excluding bank holidays).
Up-to-date prices for our products and services are always available via email request on firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our customer services team on 01622 474730.
We will invoice via email and payments can be made via cheque or online to account and sort code on invoice.
Please include an invoice number when making payments.
Faults can be reported around the clock via email at Brian@121com.co.uk . To report a fault to one of our representatives please call 01622 474730 during office hours. However unless otherwise stated in your service agreement, engineers only attend to faults in normal working hours (Monday – Friday 9am to 5:30pm, excluding bank holidays). Faults can occur on our Network, or another operator’s network, as well as your own equipment.
If the fault is reported during normal working hours, we will try to establish the location of the fault. We may request that you carry out some simple checks to help us establish the cause of the fault. Repairing faults on our network is part of the maintenance cover we provide with our service. If the fault is not on our network then we may not be responsible for its repair.
We reserve the right to charge for any abortive work or visit arising from faults over which we have no control. Should an engineer need to visit your premises we will agree this with you.
Access to our Code of Practice
Customers can access this code of practice from our website ( http://www.121com.co.uk) or by requesting a copy to be posted or emailed to them.
We strictly follow the procedures laid down by the Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998 to protect all user information.
121 communications offers advanced Internet communications for both the home and business user, whatever their needs.
Our product range in very broad terms consists of:
- Broadband (ADSL, FTTC, and leased line Internet connectivity)
- Telecoms (Line rental and phone calls)
- Hosting (shared and dedicated servers)
Customers of 121 Communications can take advantage of experienced trained technical support. Through the automation of a control panel, a large number of customers can configure their packages at any time or day or night, anywhere in the world, without the need to ‘submit requests’ for an operations engineer to action the request for them, allowing us to concentrate on improving the service further and focusing on new projects.
This Code has been approved by Ofcom for the purposes of section 52 of the Communications Act 2003.
The code will be regularly reviewed in line with Ofcom’s requirements. We value all feedback from our services to this code of practice. Please email you comments to Brian@121com.co.uk .
Contacting related organisations
Office of Communications (Ofcom) Ofcom Contact Centre Riverside House 2a Southwark Bridge Road London SE1 9HA
Tel: 020 7981 3040 Fax: 020 7981 3334 Email: email@example.com Website: www.ofcom.org.uk
Office of the Telecommunications Ombudsman (OTELO) Wilderspool Park Greenall’s Avenue Warrington WA4 6HL
Tel: 0845 050 1614 Fax: 01925 430059 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.otelo.org.uk